The Russell 2000 returns to CME Group July 10th, 2017. It will continue to also be available on the ICE exchange until June 15th, 2018. The Russell 2000 will be available in NinjaTrader as the RTY. Follow the instructions below to add the RTY into the NinjaTrader database.
Upgrade and reset instruments
- If you are on NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.34 or older, upgrade NinjaTrader
- You can check your version by going to Help > About
- To upgrade, first get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key
- Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
- Enter your license key and press Submit
- Select ‘NinjaTrader 7’
- Select ‘Download’
- Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed
- Once upgraded, start NinjaTrader and go to Tools> Options> Data> Reset Instruments then restart NinjaTrader
- Select Tools> Instrument Manager> Type RTY into “Name” and hit search
- Click on left arrow to insert RTY into box on left, Click OK
- Update all your charts by clicking on a chart at top left drop down box and select RTY 09-17
- Sit back, relax, and admire the charts for a couple weeks keeping an eye out for any major changes in personality or behavior.
- Monitor both TF and RTY volume as it is transferred from the TF to the RTY (it could be a slow process) and favor the instrument with the most volume.